iPhone - Open Safari and goto https://webelect.app (make sure you are not in Private browsing mode).
Android - Open Chrome and goto https://webelect.app and click the Chrome menu icon and the select to Add To Homescreen.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can't I find the mobile app in the app store?
- How do I install the app?
- How do I get the app on my phone's home screen?
- Why does the app just show the webElect logo?
- How do I use the App to walk/canvass?
- Why does "Map Near Me" not work/How do I see my location on the map?
1. Why can't I find the mobile app in the app store?
Our mobile app is technically a WebApp, meaning that it does not need to be downloaded from an app store.
2. How do I install the app?
portion of this page.
3. How do I get the app on my phone's home screen?
When you first go to webelect.app on an iPhone or android phone, click on the Sharing icon (iPhone) or the Chrome menu icon (android). In Safari on an iphone, tap the "Share" button on the bottom-middle of your screen (looks like a square with an arrow pointing up out of it). When a menu pops up, click "Add to Home Screen". In Chrome on an Android phone, tap the "Menu" button in the top-right corner of your screen. When a menu pops up, click "Install App".
4. Why does the app just show the webElect logo?
This happens on iPhone when you access the webapp in Safari while in Private browsing mode. You can tell you are in Private browsing mode because Safari menu and borders are black instead of grey. Turn off Private browsing mode and revisit the site.
5. How do I use the App to walk/canvass?
Please visit our
Canvassing with the
page for a how-to video and written instructions.
6. Why does "Map Near Me" not work/How do I see my location on the map?
This occurs when location data is turned off on your device or the webElect App does not have permission to access this data. For more information about how to enable location data, please visit our User Location Data page.
Mobile App Setup Instructions
1) Open Safari and visit
2) Enter your email address and the PIN code sent to you
1) Open Chrome and visit
. Click the Chrome menu icon and select to "Install App" so the site works as an app.
2) Open the newly installed Home Screen app icon.
3) Enter your email address and the PIN code sent to you
You may change your app PIN by logging into the website (not the app) and clicking the "Change/Info Password" link on the Main Menu (in the old version) or clicking on your profile image in the header of the new version.
Allow Location Access when prompted for proper operation of the walk map.
If you experience other issues with the app, try:
- verifying your data connection is OK by visiting other websites in your browser.
- install the app to Home Screen if you have not already done so.
- disabling location access for the app by going into Safari/Chrome browser settings and disabling location sharing for webelect.app
Last updated by Doug Homan, created November 4, 2015